May 02, 2005
OOooo! A challenge from Michele!
But you know, ya gotta love the movie list thing. So here are my "against type" lists
"Guy" movies that I, as a woman, love
- Star Wars (original trilogy)
- LA Confidential
- Vanishing Point (show of hands, how many remember this one?)
- Planet of the Apes (the Serling/Heston one)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (I was in early labor with Erin when I first saw this, never felt a thing. By the time I hit the hospital, I delivered her within 30 minutes)
- Die Hard
- Necessary Roughness
"Chick" flicks I can't stand
- Any thing with Richard Gere in it
- Gone with the Wind
- Steel Magnolias
- Legends of the Fall
- Legally Blonde
And the movies that reduce me to a boneless pile of weeping protoplasm ...
- Schindler's List
- Ghost and Mrs Muir (Rex Harrison/Gene Tierney)
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- The English Patient
Posted by Darleen at May 2, 2005 05:49 PM
Oh! GEMs (Guy Endeavor Movies) where strong and brave men do dangerous stuff while we girls watch from a safe distance. We coined the phrase after watching "Apollo 13". I said "Sis, can you imagine your sisters and me, or the Troyanns, or any other group of women, looking at the moon and saying: "You know, if we just got organized, I bet we could go up there?" She couldn't.
The Great Escape
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Armageddon (I hate myself, but honesty compels)
K-19: the Widowmaker
It's a Wonderful Life
All This and Heaven, Too
Posted by: Sal at May 3, 2005 07:00 AM
I have more than a few friends who would put Vanishing Point on their "Kleexex" list because of what those mean-old bulldozers do to that poor, helpless Challenger.
Posted by: Rob@L&R at May 3, 2005 09:04 AM